Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When life gives you burnt pork chops...

So tonight I had pork chops on the menu and I was going to make 4 of them seasoned two different ways. Apparently the sugar content in one of the seasonings was too high because they were immediately scorched while the other two were fine. I COULD have thrown them away and in the past I would have, but waste not want not.  I took a knife and cut off the burnt side of the pork and then threw them both in the crock pot with some BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and set it for ten hours.  I figure I can then shred it up and make pork BBQ out of it.  If its successful, I will freeze it for a meal next week (as I cut each of our pork chops in half tonight for tomorrow).  Here's to hoping it works out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment