Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

So once again I'm posting my checklist the day after it was done.  This seems to be becoming a trend with me (not surprising though.) However, even though its a day late, I am proud of the fact that all things on my list were done.  Yesterday, we had dinner with my parents which tends to be an all day event as they live a little out of the area.  I had a thought cross through my mind yesterday morning.  "I can wash the morning dishes right now and the lunch dishes right after lunch and come home to a clean sink or I can let them pile up and have to do the dishes when I come home LATE."  More than likely, in the past, I would have chosen the later and then when I got home I would have decided "Oh what's it going to hurt if I just do these tomorrow?"  Luckily for me though, I chose the first option and did dishes all day using my dish-soap-scrub-brush-thingy (really technical term) as they were dirtied up.  It was so nice to come home and relax.

So yesterday I...

Made bed

Did dishes and shined sink.

woohoo!

When I got up this morning, I put away the clean dry dishes and I've already washed up all of the dishes we've accumulated today.  It feels good.  I'm also working on inventorying (Is that a word?) all of our pantry items. With a possible move in our future I want to eat everything we can and move as little as possible.  Later today, I'm hoping for a new kind of post.  I am making Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits so I hope to post a step-by-step picture recipe.  I have never made this dish before but I am very good at following recipes and improvising.  The recipe I use will be from another website and I will give credit where credit is due.  I just wanted to post a quick easy recipe that could be helpful to readers if you're out there.  I also thought it would be nice to post so that I can see it down the road and possibly give myself a meal idea.  Being as today is Sunday, I'm thinking about my non-negotiable I want to add as well as my meal plan for this week.  My goal is to buy as little as possible.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment