Monday, July 15, 2013

Checklist and Menu Plan Monday

So today was an exhausting day.  Hubby and I are on vacay this week and were out of the house today til about 6:30pm.  We were either in the sun or in the car ALL DAY LONG.  I am wiped out.  After dinner, I laid on the couch for about 5 minutes and really considered putting off ALL of my tasks until tomorrow.  At 10pm, I decided to get up off my keister and JUST DO IT!  It took me 8 minutes to wash the dishes and shine the sink while dear sweet Hubby put away the clean dishes from yesterday.  He also made the bed this morning as he was the last one in it.  It took me another 2 minutes to sweep the kitchen floor.  It took me 9 minutes to swish and swipe (which was mostly traveling back and forth to the kitchen to get glass cleaner and paper towels.)  Seriously. My whole routine took 19 minutes.  What a difference 19 minutes can make and I'm sure if I can just leave my supplies in the bathroom it will take far less time in the future.  Today accomplishment makes it very hard to have future excuses...only time will tell.

So to sum it up, today I...

(Hubby) made bed

(Hubby) put away clean dishes from yesterday

did dishes

swept kitchen

swish and swipe

Alright on to the menu for this week!!!  Same as last week, I'm linking up with orgjunkie.com to list my  dinner menu this week for Menu Plan Monday!  Please visit her site for lots more inspiration.


My Menu For the Week:

Monday
Leftover Shrimp & Cheddar Grits with sugar snap peas (I was supposed to finish this up yesterday but things got moved ahead.  Hubby and I were able to make our pizza last two nights and then my parents invited us over Saturday.)

Tuesday
Fried Pork Chops, Oven Fries, and French-Style Green Beans

Wednesday
Leftover Fried Pork Chops

Thursday
Creamy Broccoli Tuna Helper, Salad, and Garlic Breadsticks

Friday
Pizza

Saturday
Leftover Pizza

Sunday
Beef and Bean Burritos, rice, Sante Fe Corn

I'm really feeling that this will be another easy week of meals.  I'm desperately wanting to simplify my meal prepping process as this is a huge part of my kitchen mess.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that my hubby and I can cross off painting our son's room and shampooing the rugs of the to-do list last weekend. Tasks are more fun when we do them together.
    I hope you have a wonderful and delicious week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I completely agree!!

    ReplyDelete