Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Menu Plan Monday....on Tuesday! My First!


I'm linking up with Laura @ orgjunkie.com to list my dinner menu for the week.  I planned this out on Sunday before I started the blog - hence why it's...ahem...Tuesday.  To help me keep track of my menu I'm using a free app for iPhone called "Pepper Plate."  If you don't have an iPhone, you can visit their website and create an account for free!




My Menu for the Week:

Monday - Hormel(R) Beef Roast, Bob Evans(R) garlic mashed potatoes, sugar snap/carrot mix, mac 'n' cheese for the picky husband.  I often have to modify meals for hubby as he eats about ten things.

Tuesday - Leftover Roast - I work late.  I call these nights in which I work late "fend for yourself" nights.

Wednesday - Buitoni(R) Four CheeseTortelloni with Alfredo sauce, sugar snap peas (I was really craving those.)

Thursday - I work late again - Hubby will pick up a pizza

Friday - Teriyaki Chicken, Chow Mein Noodles, Asian Veggie Mix

Saturday - Shrimp & Cheddar Cheese grits - grilled cheese for Hubs.

Sunday - Leftover Shrimp & Cheddar Cheese Grits

So because I was starting this this week, I wanted to keep things really simple.  Most things listed are pre-packaged foods that I can just heat up.  I do normally like to cook from scratch and use our steamer whenever possible however, this week my work schedule is all over the place.  I work part time and sometimes I "open", sometimes I work "midday", and sometimes I "close."  Today I close, so I'll get home close to 9 pm only to open at work tomorrow and close on Thursday.  Thankfully I'm off Friday. Sheesh.  That's another constant struggle for me - keeping up with my work schedule and trying to work around it.  I could make this an excuse, but everyone else has to function with funky schedules so I shouldn't be any different.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment